Selecting, Applying to, and Paying for the Right College for You
Today’s students and their families are in new territory when it comes to making college and career decisions. With the high cost of college and the wide variety of educational options available, families are, more than ever, in need of careful, clear guidance and advice. A roadmap for students and parents, College Apps: Selecting, Applying to, and Paying for the Right College for You will lead you through the sometimes tricky transition from high school to college. Inspired by a popular college-prep course developed by the author, the book is a comprehensive guide covering such topics as:
- Personality and career analysis
- College research and selection
- College applications with supplemental materials
- Financial aid, loans, and budgeting
- Decision making, campus safety, and much more
College Apps includes downloadable worksheets, reference sheets, checklists and exercises for students and parents!
Trish Portnoy, CPA, MS Ed has a professional diploma in educational leadership and administration and more than 15 years of experience teaching career education and college preparation coursework to secondary students on Long Island.
She has also taught as an adjunct instructor at both local and State University of New York colleges, and she is known for her ability to inspire students and foster a love of learning while engaging them in college-ready and career-ready curricula.
Enrollment in Trish’s college preparation class has quadrupled over the past four years, leading other school districts to attempt identical programs based on the course she developed. She has a bachelor’s degree in accounting (Lehigh University) and a master’s degree in education (Dowling College) while holding a valid Certified Public Accounting license in New York State.
Key Selling Points:
- Addresses career planning and college success requirements and goals.
- Provides opportunity for goal-oriented, timely curriculum/course offering.
- Streamlines and demystifies college selection and application processes.
- Earns positive feedback from school stakeholders and end-users.
Title: College Apps: Selecting, Applying to,
and Paying for the Right College for You
Author: Trish Portnoy
Format: 7 x 10 Paperback
Pages: 224 Pages
List Price: $14.99
BISAC: College-bound high school students; parents of college-bound students